Email to Wiki
What Is It
Email content to wiki rather than authoring in the wiki itself
This pattern can only be used in those wiki platforms that support creating pages based on sending emails to one or more wiki email addresses. Once the capability is configured in the wiki server, users send new content to the wiki by emailing to the appropriate address. This can be useful for multiple purposes:
- Getting users with Wikiphobia to begin to contribute to the wiki.
- Creating a permanent copy in the wiki of content that is being sent by email anyway
- Getting content that has been received by email initially into the wiki
- Send copy of team member project status report emails to wiki to create common status area for reference
- Forward emails on news clips, new products, etc. to wiki for searchable archive
|Rate this pattern?
Wiki Collaboration Leads to Happiness